Sunday, January 16, 2011

so now what?


I kept many treasure boxes as a kid. 

In tofu takeaway containers (lol...), jewellery boxes, tins, music boxes... you name it. Even though their hiding places aren't as exciting as the one in the French movie "Amelie", I know that there's a story behind every treasured possession. 


I chose this "treasure box" because it's the simplest one. The pink box encrusted with sequins was probably the best present I have ever received from someone's party (in grade two). I associate this box with that day very clearly because I had to leave early for Northshore and came into the classroom kicking and crying. It also didn't help that i entered this way every week because i was incredibly shy then and everyone else was at least a year older and therefore scary to me. 

The last story i have decided to tell is the blue cylinder Yowi's or whatever used to come in... The plastic hair clips inside represent the first time i stole something from a shop. I remember quickly digging my hand into a bowl of clips and then clenching them in my pocket. As a six year old, I was overjoyed that no one had seen me. The second and last time i stole something was from the toy cupboard in afterschool care because i wanted my sister to have more Barbie clothes to dress her dolls with.

Edit: I also took finished toilet paper rolls from people's houses to use for French knitting. man what else am i going to remember now....  


And now i think it's time we returned to 2011. 

2 Comments:

Blogger Spcogg said...

ahha LOL you're such a badass viv ^_^
I wish i stil had my box. Haven't seen mine in years D:

11:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i swear, tofu boxes have so many uses. i'm glad i'm not the only person who keeps childhood things in them.

non-asians totally miss out on the ingeniousness of tofu boxes.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

Just a normal FROGGY eating her way through the world. Find me at lonelypebool@gmail.com