Monday, September 06, 2010

Happy Father's Day :D

How did you celebrate your Father's Day this year? 

Laura and i actually made an effort this year.. by buying a present, baking scones and a cake for him and going out for dinner. 

I never really talk to my dad (i am a lot closer to my mum), so I guess it was a time to say thank you for all the little things like picking me up late at night.


I think he likes his new wallet.. yay :D Luckily Laura found time to go buy a present. 

My eyes hurt... I invented a new activity for the kids to do during swimming class. We already have the "Shark" and "Stringray" so i made up the "Crab Walk" :D 

Reminds me of Krabby... kikukikukiku




...some new yoghurt that goes fabulously well with Soymilk Scones. Not bad. I like my yoghurt thick... i hate the whey even though they say it's good for you. 


So... Laura and I decided to make Dad his favourite cake - Blackforest Cake

These are the Morello Cherries that give the cake its distinctive taste and were also reduced down with corn flour (for thickening) to give a dark red syrup. 




Tada! 

This cake had a lot of small processes in it (took around 2 days) but is not too difficult once you think about it. 

I had a whole slice for myself at uni today because no one else wanted some. tehehehee  




We went to Yamagata Teppanyaki for dinner last night. Haven't been there in years. Good stuff. 

Chem and bio time. bb  

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Steve said...

The cake looks megayummy =] Too pro viv

9:39 PM  
Blogger Glor said...

Yamagata Teppanyaki
ohhh All You Can Eat?

Green Tea Ice Cream :D

11:21 PM  
Blogger Spcogg said...

I can't believe i refused cake. O.O
I feel like suicides now D:

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

Just a normal FROGGY eating her way through the world. Find me at lonelypebool@gmail.com