Sunday, August 22, 2010

onde onde


As the title states, I helped Laura make Onde Onde this afternoon. Otherwise known as "lor mai chi" in my household, you can change the coating and filling to suit your taste. I especially like icecream in mine mmmmm....


It's a very easy recipe... We followed Poh's recipe here.

We used three different fillings: red bean, black sesame and chestnut paste. 

Take about 1/2 teaspoon of each and roll them into balls. 


I didn't take any pictures of kneading the glutinous rice flour dough but it's just glutinous rice flour, coconut milk and pandan paste. 

The balls on the right have already eaten up the fillings (haha...) and are ready for boiling xD




After the balls float to the top (of the water), drain them and immediately roll them into whatever coating you want. 

We used black sesame seeds and coconut shavings. You can add caster sugar to the coconut shavings for (added) sweetness which is what we did.  
  


Arrange them nicely on a plate and get ready to nomnomnom :) 

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Farnie said...

they look realllllllllly good! waffles on tuesday? save some for me yeah? :D

9:12 PM  
Blogger F; that is all. said...

omg indo food!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Glor said...

NOM NOM NOM :D

Haha new song on my blog :)

1:51 AM  
Blogger Luindilwen said...

THEY LOOK SOOO YUMMY!! COCONUT MILK ^^ YAY

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

Just a normal FROGGY eating her way through the world. Find me at lonelypebool@gmail.com