Saturday, August 07, 2010

wannabe macaroons

I did nothing today. Came back home last night from Jerry's Farewell Dinner in Kew (I expect pics to be floating around facebook soon... rofl) and woke up at 12:15pm this afternoon. 



Weekend cooking has become a ritual in our household and today's pick was Soy Milk Scones with Homemade Whipped Cream and Strawberry Jam. 

Don't they look like wannabe macaroons? LOL



Here, we are lightly coating the dough with milk before they go into the oven to help produce a nice, golden brown colour. 



LOL they came out speckled but still tasted yummy :) You can still use ordinary milk if you want. 

I've only written three lines on telomeres and listened to the singing in our Music and Health lecture on lectopia today. 

And I spent the past hour jumping on my bed, eating a croissant and now blogging. 

Great. 



Do you guys get sick of reading these foodie blogs? It's like i have nothing else to say...

What should Laura and I make next? We're thinking of Dan Tart heheeh







Hehe the dogs like it too. 

Tip of the Day: Don't store your potatoes and onions in the same place because together they create a gas which ruins them.







TEHEHHEHE ESPRESSO :D

LOL this is the first time she's agreed to come up close to the camera. She reminds me of those "The Dog" toys.

My Snoopy cup from Japan Universal Studios is fading :(





And to finish this off...


Bye!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous shazz said...

DANTART DANTART DANTART
please make some for me :)

6:33 PM  
Blogger Luindilwen said...

no i dont get tired of your blog. i find the food fascinating O.O...and...really enviable. Yay doggie pics ^^ they do look sweet ^^very cute greyhounds!!!!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

Just a normal FROGGY eating her way through the world. Find me at lonelypebool@gmail.com