Sunday, May 08, 2011

tell me,

How social/antisocial is your family?


In the beginning (late 1990s), the four of us would go out for dinner and mum would let my sister and I bring books to read while waiting for the food. Not sure if it helped my English in the end, but the point is that ten years on with iPhones, iPads and phones that can surf the internet.... my family has gotten even more antisocial and I don't approve. 

Maybe we just weren't as social to begin with but it's usually dad on his iPhone, sister facebooking on her phone and mum sometimes reading the paper. Mum then tells me to read the paper but instead i continue to annoy my sister or just sit there wondering if the people around us are thinking the same thing - "omg this family is so antisocial". 

There's nothing wrong with my family but we could definitely communicate more at times. So when i grow up, I am definitely not allowing anyone in my family constantly surf some gadget when we could be talking instead. 

What about you? 

N.B - I would like to add that it is only at dinner time that this issue occurs. Otherwise, we all interact pretty well with each other - with some more than others though. 


3 Comments:

Blogger Spcogg said...

Hrm for us, At home we rarely speak unless dad's trying to get me to run errands for him. So food time is the only time we talk...internet is killing people :\

1:00 PM  
Blogger 21minutes said...

sad : /

1:44 PM  
Blogger KL said...

My parents glare at me whenever I get a text at meal times. We're usually pretty social considering that's the only time we properly spend together. Secretly, I think it's also just another opportunity for them to sneak in some lectures about my studies, my friends and the status of having no relations with the opposite sex.


...yeahhhhh

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

Just a normal FROGGY eating her way through the world. Find me at lonelypebool@gmail.com