Wednesday, September 22, 2010

this is no festival

< sulking>

I have no moon cake to eat. 

=( 

I am sad because my mum thinks moon cake is too expensive, sweet and fattening to buy. It also doesn't help that we finished the box a family friend gave us two weeks ago and my dad isn't around to persuade either. 

I want moon cake. And i am going to learn how to make moon cake. And this just reminds me of a canto movie... where the youngest son of an extremely poor family ordered half a year's (or was it a year's?) worth of moon cake and got punished because they couldn't afford it.  

Apart from moon cake.... i know nothing about Mid Autumn festival. rofl. 

okay  


  < /sulking >

4 Comments:

Blogger Glor said...

Haha come have some of mine :)
We have the icy ones too :D

12:21 AM  
Blogger f i o n a said...

have some of mine too- it's yukky. i think the reason we eat moon cakes is becuase back when the mongols took over china, there was one soldier that guarded each chinese family. so then someone came up with the idea to put bits of paper inside the mooncake that said "rise up and kill the mongol at midnight" then distributed the mooncake to all the families. at midnight, that's what happened- the chinese rose up, simultaneously rid their country of mongols and regained their freedom. something like that anyway :D

10:12 AM  
Anonymous FROGGY said...

reeeaaaalllllllly ? COOL

1:15 PM  
Blogger Savvi said...

haha well u should really start buying mooncake from my family next year because we get it direct from the supplier... so every year around this time we have stacks of boxes downstairs just filled with mooncake... nomnomnom...

and i persuaded my dad to buy me one whole box of mooncake of my favourite just for me coz my mum wanted another flavour which i didn't like... xP

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

Just a normal FROGGY eating her way through the world. Find me at lonelypebool@gmail.com