Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Swimming mentality.

Wagging school, realising the extent of your unfitness, pigging out on chips and wondering if you're even allowed to drown at 25m - i think this pretty much sums up Swimming Sports Day at MSAC.



However, this might be our last Swimming Sports because it's optional for all Year 12s next year except for the housy and super fish. But i find competitive swimming, even in a supposedly relaxed state for school, impossible to do without a calm disposition.

Waiting to be marshalled behind the wings before the swim is already painful. Wanting to just melt into your own little puddle of fear after remembering your fellow competitors' pro swimming history is already tragic.



This is how the pro people who swam at 28sec/50m free did it. (And Olympians too)
1. Keep warm.
2. Relax. (This was too hard for me because i hadn't trained for a year.)
3. Listen to your Ipod before you're called up.
4. Don't talk/complain to others to maintain focus.
5. Constant stretching/flexing.
6. In the end, it's about achieving your personal best or for the sake of your house. Hell, i came last in Championship Freestyle this year, but you know what... That's more points than first in div 1 :)
7. Some Olympians put goggles THEN cap on. This might solve goggles that fall off after diving in. But i'm going for do pro cap, house cap, goggles.



8. Remember to drink plenty of water.
9. Purposely busting for the toilet before your race will not boost up your time/ribbon place. Adrenaline > my stupid brain.
10. For 100m, after you tumble turn don't breathe until after your first stroke (ideally, after you pass the flags). Why? Because breathing takes up time.




New goals:
- 7am swimming < two lunchtimes/week because i'm lazy.
- Skipping rope.
- Grow my hair.
- Stop thinking about cake.
- GET RID OF THIS PIMPLE.
- I need a new bladder.




TOILET TIMEEEEEEEEEE


I'm wearing bathers underneath that shirt dress okay.

* Hi James, my #1 blog stalker/FAN <3

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww well done swimming bop! Yay~ All those pretty ribbons haha D:
Ohhh and mmm I'm inspired by your 1 - 10, did I say that right? :3

Oki and LOL #1 Stalker... uhmm I mean fan D: I'm sure there are a lot more than just me though ^_<

12:09 AM  
Blogger Farnie said...

whoa i should really follow ur new goals and take some of them up as my own.. i wanna start swimming and skipping and growing my hair and stop thinking about cake.. but im not too sure about the rest.. o_O what's wrong with ur bladder..

12:11 AM  
Blogger FROGGY said...

@james: haha what an honour to be mentioned on my blog.. haha jk

@farn: nothing's wrong with my bladder LOL i just drink a lot so have to always go toilet OR i ignore any signals to go.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Jesh said...

LOL viv i want to grow my hair to..as long as emilys ^_^
(btw this is jen) not mish =]

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree completely! Obviously if you put off going to the dunny it makes you swim faster lah! XD And the drinking water and thinking about melting helps too=p When you're in the middle of a race and realise you need to pee, its like...incentive lmao XD

It is a known fact that Michael Phelps uses this technique ^^ Why else do you think he looks so strained all the time?

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

Just a normal FROGGY eating her way through the world. Find me at lonelypebool@gmail.com