Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Paparajotes - a dessert


Today my sister and i cooked Paparajotes. It's a dessert that involves fried batter around lemon leaves picked from a lemon tree. The aroma was great even though we made a few mistakes along the way.

On right: Ingredients in the foreground.



On left: Ignore my pjs. NOMNOMNOM

If i had my own cooking show, i'd get my own assistant/s to do the dirty work for me. IT IS SO ANNOYING. I wish i could cook well. I think i'm going to make an APPLE PIE next. =D I LIKE CREAM!! Also because for IB CAS.. all Creativity hours can't just be music. So gonna include 9-10 hours of cooking and getting fat.

Below: stupid egg whites





Okay, THIS WOULD'VE TAKEN MY WHOLE LIFETIME TO DO if we hadn't used the electric mixer. It's quicker and you don't get sore muscles, but beating egg whites by hand is a lot better. So we alternated between the two and my god it is still so annoying. But yes, nice and white and fluffy now !!!! I think if i was a chef in a kitchen i'd die of high blood pressure the first day.



On left: This was our first attempt.

It looks nicer when you lightly dust icing sugar/cinnamon sugar over it. We set the batter in the fridge for a while first so it would envelop the lemon leaves better before frying. After a few times we managed to make them crispier. But it got a bit oily at first.



On right: Piggy sister

I wouldn't consider today an absolute success but it was fun trying to do something different. We're better at baking, steaming, boiling etc. Not frying @.@


What should i make next?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Farnie said...

i think you should make me something next XD where's my cake... and nice house =P
i believe that if u had ur own cooking show u would choose ur trusty orange peeler to be ur assitant =)

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Nomnomnomnom! Love the hat ^_^

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The correct way to eat paparajotes is extracting the leaf of lemon tree, and then, open the center of paparajote and put some of sugar inside. If you want you can also put some of cinnamon. And... enjoy your paparajote. I'm from Murcia and the paparajotes are very tipical of my region in Spain. Jesús

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

Just a normal FROGGY eating her way through the world. Find me at lonelypebool@gmail.com