Sunday, February 26, 2012

vet orientation 2012

They told us to "hit the ground running" from day one of uni. But what "hit the ground" most to me was rediscovering the meaning and value of friendship during orientation. A new class full of 120 strangers but now friends. People from all over the world - Japan, Singapore, Melbourne, Canada, Macau, Sydney, Hong Kong, America - you name it. These people are/will definitely be friends for life and there really is no better feeling than to belong and have fun together. 

(thanks for the picture Derniese) Enjoying lunch at Bon Beach Cafe - my smoked salmon foccacia was YUMMY 

Steve the Crocodile marks the beginning of a zoo beach. We should be art students. 

Not-To-Scale Whale is also happy to be beached (lol)

just the girls :) 

Charles and i representing our oweek polos at Melbourne Zoo :) This was before the wildlife vet gave a talk on how to artificially inseminate elephants (result: the baby elephant people went crazy over 2 years ago at melb zoo) 

the lazy meerkat. FLOP 

Doing the scavenger hunt in Amazing Race style - road blocks and all. 

HAHA can you see the two butterflies making out xDDDD we all took turns taking pictures with them LOL

obese frogs. LOL 

LOLL... i'm pretty sure there's a photo of everyone with this butterfly too haha 

Looking extremely attractive in the wind. 

Uni starts tomorrow and my mum just gave me a glass of champagne since dad and his friends didn't want anymore....hehe. I guess it's cheers to being a "first year" again and hopefully an extremely rewarding year despite its challenges. 

And now i need to pack my backpack....... 

Edit: was late to first day of uni and tripped over twice and scraped my knee pretty bad. the weather was insane with too much rain and it was unbelievably humid. and we learned about teeth. 


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wait what course are you doing! I just transferred to Music at Melb uni! omg uni buddies!

x x

11:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I did science first, but didn't like it. So yeah in a way I'm a first year music student :) Feels weird being first year again. Oooh vet, that's what I wanted to do in high school! Kudos to you hehe.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

Just a normal FROGGY eating her way through the world. Find me at lonelypebool@gmail.com