Saturday, January 14, 2012

i'm backk

Monga Dessert Lounge, Box Hill (open 3pm-3am)

Hallo peopleeeee.. so i arrived back home nearly a week ago and have done much since! I won't be blogging about my trip to HK, Singapore & Canada since i already posted pictures on facebook but I came back feeling thankful for the opportunity to become closer to my family on the other side of the world. I wish i could've stayed longer than two weeks but apparently we're going to Singapore and Malaysia next year :D YAY 

Anyway, all you need to know is is that Hong Kong is not as cheap as before so it really depends what you are looking for. Food and transport are still very affordable compared to Australia though. 

Canada has amazing Boxing Day and New Year sales and i imagine America's would be even better. I shopped the most in Toronto... stocked up on winter clothing, make up at Sephora, perfume and of course Victoria Secret ;) 

And this was my 3rd or 4th time to Singapore but my visits have always been brief.. since we only had one day to spare we decided that good food (imagine a feast of Chilli Crab Curry with Man Tou bread, Black Pepper Crab, Sambal KangKong etc...) and Marina Bay Sands would be the way to go :D 

Unfortunately i didn't take a picture of the feast we had.. oh my god blogger fail right there :( 


Anyway, the day after i got back Farn and i had pho in footscray with some of his uni friends and... i really struggled to finish my bowl of pho. Why did i order large.... 

In the end i just hid the remaining meat in the soup and only finished the noodles hehehehe xD tada 

And then we had dessert at Monga Dessert Lounge in Box Hill! The atmosphere and decor of the place really reminds me of the cafes in Hong Kong - not as noisy but definitely a reliable place to meet up with friends once in a while.


The drinks above are Jasmine Tea and Mango & Aloe Vera Jelly Drink. 


And a Waffle with Black Sesame Icecream & Sauce :D The icecream was good but nothing has beaten Gelare Waffles yet..... 


LOL... two slices of waffle... two very different styles of eating. Clean versus Messy. Who do you think ate which side? 


And lastly, Pumpkin Pancakes with Coconut Cream! To be honest, i thought they would be like fluffy pumpkin scones with whipped coconut cream but i guess that was too western.... And i could only taste chewiness. I don't know how that is possible but i guess the coconut cream and the chewiness of the pancake overpowered any hint of pumpkin. Damn. 

So yes, maybe we ate too much after the biggest bowl of pho i have ever eaten in one go. I even felt sick in the car later but that went away. But who can have too much food in their life? Not me. I went back to Monga Dessert Lounge the next night.... hehe 



1 Comments:

Blogger KL said...

Pumpkin pancakes look really scrumptious!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

Just a normal FROGGY eating her way through the world. Find me at lonelypebool@gmail.com