Friday, June 17, 2011

poached woached


As promised, here are the Poached Pears in Red Wine with Sabayon. 




Damn, I was going to write up the recipe but I can't remember how to make the two most important bits - the sauce for the pears to stew in and the sabayon.

I'm also braindead after my exam today and my hand hurts. In fact, why am i even on the computer on my "break". If anything, my eyes and brain are probably hurting from the screen light and information.



But don't worry, i remember some bits..........

like 1. Peel four pears, leaving the stems on. LOL

...and then i forget how to make the sauce LOL. But it does include orange peels, red wine, sugar, star anise, rose water, something something.... @.@ where is the recipe damnit

ceebs asking Laura too.



But you basically poach the four pears in the said ingredients over the stove for ten minutes. Then place the dish in a baking tray and cover it with aluminium foil.

Poach for 50minutes - 1 hour and your pears should have a lovely red tinge to them along with the most incredible aroma (due to the rosewater) !!!!



To make the sabayon, you whisk 3 egg yolks and caster sugar and then cook it over a bain marie (water bath). I would have liked it thicker but i guess we just wanted to eat it straight away....


I can't wait to go shopping after exams :) So many things to buy yayyyyyyyyyy

Listening to the "Next to Normal" soundtrack is quite soothing actually. It blocks out Laura's high pitched violin next door omg why did she pick something so high pitched....



okay time to go :) byeeee


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger f i o n a said...

woah it looks like a pear thickshake with a little umbrella ^____^

11:01 PM  
Anonymous donna said...

THIS LOOKS DERICIOUS!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

Just a normal FROGGY eating her way through the world. Find me at lonelypebool@gmail.com