Saturday, May 29, 2010

faerie

title inspired by Kristen's unfinished (?) poem

I read something interesting on the thermodynamics of honeybees today! In Asia, large wasps invade the colonies of honeybees to get larvae for their young. They kill the guard honeybees and then mine the nest for larvae. However, the honeybees have developed a special defense against the invading wasps by huddling around them in a huge ball and release heat with temperatures up to 45.7 degrees and "cook" the wasps to death. The honeybees can survive up to 50.7 degrees. 

Cool huh?  

tell me goodbye, tell me goodbye ... 

2 Comments:

Blogger Glor said...

Dealth by heat D: have you seen Eddie Izzard ~ Death Star Canteen watch watch :)  

8:11 PM  
Blogger Luindilwen said...

goodbye...but that would be a lie...im not going anywhere...just like my poem. i like the honeybees thing ^^ but i dont like your previous picture...i was like...NO DO NOT MIX GOLD WITH SILVER, wrong.
this pic doesnt feel right...hmmm...but yay special mention.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:

Just a normal FROGGY eating her way through the world. Find me at lonelypebool@gmail.com